SUSTAINABLY MANAGE OUR NATURAL RESOURCES
Oregon is blessed with conservation that has preserved our quality of life, a traditional strong, growing natural resource-based economy. From our forests to our fields, and our cattle to our fish, we manufacture, harvest, raise and ship high quality, sustainable products worldwide. But too often, political agendas and bureaucratic hurdles get in the way of what is best for Oregon families in these communities.
The Drazan Plan:
- Manage our working lands effectively while preserving our commitment to our environment.
- Actively manage forests to mitigate the likelihood of megafires, which reduces carbon emissions, protects water quality and strengthens the economy.
- Support local communities’ water needs and advance efforts to manage water, including investing in storage and conservation.
- Veto attacks on the agricultural community to protect responsible farming and ranching practices and preserve family-owned farms, nurseries and ranches.
- Support thriving fisheries and resource stewardship, including the modernization of hatcheries, to the benefit of all stakeholders.