Christine Drazan’s efforts to secure our elections started during her time as Republican Leader in the Oregon House. They continued as a member of the Republican State Leadership Committee’s Commission on Election Integrity, where she worked with GOP elections experts from across the country to identify policies that would make it easier to vote and harder to cheat. She sponsored legislation that banned ballot harvesting and advocated for an independent redistricting commission that would undo the gerrymandered political maps that have rigged our elections. She has the background and policy ideas to start restoring faith in our elections on Day One.
Christine was the first candidate in the race to introduce a comprehensive plan for restoring election integrity in Oregon:
- Ban ballot harvesting.
- Support a constitutional amendment establishing an independent redistricting commission to put the people in charge of the process instead of partisan politicians.
- Direct the attorney general to investigate any allegations of voter fraud and to prosecute confirmed cases.
- Enhance whistleblower protections for Oregonians who reported allegations of fraud.
- Increase penalties for those found guilty of defrauding our elections.
- Establish a permanent task force on election integrity to examine vulnerabilities in our system and make recommendations on how to enhance the security of our elections.
- Require audits of our elections when evidence of irregularities exist.